Are you a recent graduate with no work experience and you desire to gain real-world experience, in Geographical Information Systems, then this is your opportunity.
pGNOSIS presents a training program that will absorb two of its best trainees into her 6 months paid internship program.
The Training to internship program will cover courses on open source software such as QGIS, PostgreSQL/PostGIS, and Geoserver.
Training outlines for each open source software and stated below.
- Introduction to QGIS
- Installing QGIS
- The QGIS Interface
- Working with Vector GIS Data
- Data Creation and Editing of Vector Layers
- Styling Vector Layers
- Data Projection
- Working with Raster GIS Data
- Basic QGIS Tools
- Commonly Used Plugins
- Spatial Analysis
- Creating Maps
- Introduction to Spatial Databases
- Introduction to PostgreSQL
- Installing PostgreSQL/PostGIS.
- Indexing and its importance
- Introduction to PostGIS;
- PostGIS in managing Spatial Data;
- Understanding pgAdmin.
- Introduction to PostGIS Schema and Metadata
- Establishing a database connection and database management in PostGIS
- Geoprocessing spatial data with PostGIS
- Spatial Basics
- Data Formats
- Spatial Web Services
- Survey of spatial web services
- Web Map Service
- Web Feature Service
20th and 21st of March 2019
Standard Price: #18,000
Earlybird Price: #12,000 (Deadline 22nd Feb 2019)
Click Here to enroll.
You can also call or send a WhatsApp message to +2349091640503.