Introduction to GPS Technology
New to GPS? This course will teach you the essentials of what GPS is, how it works, and how you can use it to collect data for your GIS. You’ll learn fundamental GPS concepts including what equipment you’ll need and how to choose the best hardware and software for your project and budget, how to collect data, and some common GPS-GIS workflows.
This course is designed for all levels
Lesson 1: Fundamentals of GPS (21:42)
Lesson 2: Differential GPS (25:18)
Lesson 3: Configuring a GPS Unit (27:27)
Lesson 4: Collecting GIS-Ready Data (17:24)
Lesson 5: Exporting GPS Data (16:52)
- How GPS determines location
- Differential GPS & sources of correction
- Proper configuration of GPS equipment
- Overview of various GPS receivers
- Best practices for capturing GIS-ready data
- Conversion among GPS and GIS formats
This class is sold as part of the ArcPad Bundle, TerraSync Bundle, and Whole GPS Training Library.